Last year my small group was studying the book 7 – An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker. One week we were challenged to limit our excess of our clothing. One option was to give away clothing. Another was to limit our clothing options to 7 items. As I looked back at some of my notes from that study, I thought of this blog post. So here are my go to clothing items:
1. A good fitting pair of jeans. I live in my jeans. I am fortunate that I’m allowed to wear jeans to work as they are definitely what I’m most comfortable in.
2. A nice, casual fitting top. I have several tops I like. Most are solid colored but I do like some patterned shirts.
3. This time of year I like a sweater/light jacket to wear.
4. Justin Gypsy Boots. These are quite possibly the most comfortable boots I’ve ever owned.
5. Nice, warm boot socks.
If you actually want to see what my style is check out the Pinterest board. http://www.pinterest.com/bastiancalves/style/
1. Brittany’s parents, Ronnie & Angie. They have raised an amazing group of young people – with Brittany being one of them. Jesse is blessed to have them in his life.
2. The abundant corn harvest this year. It provided great silage for our cattle for this winter.
3. The rain we got this summer that provided for our grass and hay needs for the rest of the year.
4. The dozer guy who is fixing our water way in the big pasture and building us a new pond in that pasture.
5. Cattle health reps who are willing to deliver vaccines and wormers so that we can get our work done in a timely fashion.