I enjoy listening to Christian music and these are 5 of my favorite groups/artists. Many of the messages of their songs speak directly to me, to my heart.
1. Casting Crowns. I first started listening to Casting Crowns when we experienced the loss of Mike’s sister, Liz. Their song, “Praise You In This Storm” is one of my favorites. Listen here: http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=7ZD67GNX
2. Chris Tomlin. I have more than a few favorites from this artist. The first song of his I became familiar with was “God of This City”. I worked at putting together a Power Point presentation of our church’s mission trip the first year our boys went to North Dakota and used that as a background song. BUT, my all time favorite of his is “Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)”. Take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I
3. Matthew West. Strong Enough. This song is a great encouragement at times when I’m weak. God believes in me even when I don’t. Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8JsRxVczmQ
4. Mercy Me. Another group I started listening to about 7 years ago during a time of trials that summer. There are so many songs they have that I just clung to that summer. I guess one of my favorites is “I Can Only Imagine”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwzItqYmII
5. Sidewalk Prophets. Brittany, Jesse’s girlfriend, introduced me to Sidewalk Prophets about 4 years ago. She invited Jesse and me to a concert at Hannibal LaGrange University. “You Love Me Anyway” is definitely one of my favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8BBCYFAYRI
Today, I’m thankful in all things. The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly, the painful and the pleasurable. All of these have been used by God to shape me into the person I am today. I’m not perfect and never will be, but I am continually striving to be more like Christ each and every day. Some days I fail miserably, but thankfully He gives me a clean slate to work with each day.