I have so many favorite verses that narrowing it down to 5 took me some time. I finally decided on the five that have meant the most to be in certain times of my life.
1. 1 Timothy 4:12 – Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. – When I was pregnant with Jesse I was on 23 years old and already had a nearly 2 year old. I was beginning to teach an adult Sunday school class and this verse spoke very clearly to me.
2. Philippians 4:6 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – This verse continues to speak to me. When I was younger I dealt very poorly with anxiety but once I accepted Christ this verse became very personal.
3. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. – A reading from our wedding and one that remains close to my heart.
4. Proverbs 22:6 – Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. – I had children. Need I say more?
5. Matthew 22:37 – Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
1. Our nieces. We have 11 nieces between Mike’s family and my family. Life wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t have each and every one of you.
2. Our nephews. We have 11 nephews. I didn’t even realize we had the same number of nieces and nephews until I just now typed this out. We have learned much from the boys too!
3. The sunshine that we enjoyed immensely today.
4. Medication that can help us to get over the bugs that are rampant this time of year.
5. Warm and toasty socks.